Welcome to the Hornbeam: a community organisation working with a range of partners in Waltham Forest and beyond.
- SPACE for communities to meet in E17 and E4
- TIME and support to develop community initiatives
- SKILLS and knowledge about low cost, low impact living.
NEW YEAR OPENING: We’ll be opening again on Thurs 5 Jan, 11.30am – pop in to bring your new year in with good food, drink and friendly faces.
Thank you to everyone for joining us during 2016 in our journey into night time frolics at the Hornbeam – we’ve loved it – and hope you have too!
We are now open every Thursday night and occasional other nights – including Spin-a-Disc evenings, Soulfulised music nights, Music Quizzes, Clothes Swap, Coffee & Cocktail nights, and much more.
- Chris Hill. January 17, 2017 We were very sad to hear that Chris Hill died on 16 January. Chris was more than just a regular, he was a complete stalwart.He was involved in the coordinating team across all 3 decades of its existence. He provided an invaluable contribution to the local community over the years making the Hornbeam accessible for so many organisations and activities ...
- Introducing… Makeover Mondays! January 15, 2017 Please join us on the Last Monday of every month (9.30am start, lunch at 1.30pm) for the tasks that keep this building ticking over and remaining an amazing resource for so many groups in the community. Click here to join us, ensuring that you let us know that it’s Makeover Mondays that you’re interested in! January 30th: Toilet ...
- Visit to Hawkwood – Organiclea’s Growing Site January 3, 2017 Wed 11 Jan: Group visit to Hawkwood, Organiclea’s growing site in Chingford. We’re organising a trip to the Organiclea’s amazing growing site in Chingford for anyone interested in volunteering there. Meet at the Hornbeam at 10.30am and we will travel together by bus to Hawkwood. For more info on volunteering roles at Organiclea, visit https://www.organiclea.org.uk/get-involved/volunteering/ Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogleEmailMorePrint
- Pay-what-you-feel stalls popping up in Waltham Forest December 22, 2016 Waltham Forest Food Rescue are running pop-up ‘pay-what-you-feel’ food stalls around the borough. Every Monday, 12:00 – 15:00 at the the Hornbeam Every Tuesday. 14:30 – 17:30 at Friday Hill Tenants Management Organisation offices First Saturday of the Month, at the Transition Leytonstone Market outside Matalan, Leytonstone High Road. We welcome suggestions of new places for pop-up Food Rescue ...