As a community hub running on a very limited budget we couldn’t survive without volunteers.
Whether you want to learn something and would like to give your time and enthusiasm, or if you have a specific skill you’d like to share – we’d love to hear from you!
To let us know how you want to volunteer, complete this form. If you are referring someone you work with, please contact Anne by email and we’ll be in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by and say hello.
HORNBEAM CENTRE VOLUNTEER POSITIONS
- Food Rescue People’s Kitchen volunteers – Could you help us on Mondays cooking with surplus food at our People’s Kitchen? We always have space in our kitchen cooking and serving from 10am-2.30pm (it’s a great opportunity to learn about vegan cooking and catering too).
- Could you help with collection, sorting and redistribution of surplus food from local shops to the Hornbeam, St Mungo’s and Friday Hill Estate in Chingford E4 and other local organisations?
- Food Rescue cyclists – Do you have a bike in your shed you’ve been waiting to use? Or do you know of someone that would like to get involved collecting food, toys and books? We are currently working in the Walthamstow and Chingford (Friday Hill) areas and need cyclist volunteers available to deliver early morning and evening collections.
- Venue and Event Marketing volunteer for the Hornbeam and/or Learning Lodge.
- Event volunteers – all our community events value support from volunteers helping out
HORNBEAM LEARNING LODGE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We’re looking for friendly volunteers in Chingford E4 to help us out on our growing number of exciting projects at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge and Friday Hill.
- Do you have skills in arts & crafts, admin, publicity that you could share with people who come to events at the Learning Lodge? We’d love to hear from you.
- Caretaker for the Learning Lodge at Pimp Hall Nature Reserve – Can you help us to care for and help others to get access to this amazing venue? Please let us know if you are interested in volunteer for this position. Must live near the Learning Lodge. 10-11.30am
Make your dream come true?
Would you like to run a club at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge? Would you like to be the leader of some of our sessions? Have you got an idea that could developed into a community project? We’d love to hear from you and help make it happen. Contact email@example.com
- Hornbeam Nights volunteers (film nights, music nights, supper clubs etc).
- Admin support – email checking and data entry
- website updating (need basic knowledge of WordPress)
- social media sharers for E17/E10/E11/E4 (Facebook, Twitter)
- Mailchimp enews editors
- Press liaison
- Photography digital archivist
- Local listings uploader (upload info of our events to local papers and online listings)
|Get involved with regular E17 happenings including Community Mondays||Or head to the Learning Lodge E4|
|You can also organise a Film Night (or help out at one)||… or arrange an evening Pop-Up or Workshop!|
Browse past opportunities:
You can also get involved with other activities we are linked to:
- Veg Box Packer (E4)
- Cycle and Van Delivery Volunteer
- Stall Volunteer (Hornbeam E17 or Leytonstone)
- Horticultural Assistant (E4)
- and many more… (see website)
at Forest Recycling Project (FRP)
If you have an opportunity you’d like to share – please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hornbeam is a signatory to the
‘keep volunteering voluntary‘ agreement