As a community hub running on a very limited budget we couldn’t survive without volunteers.
Whether you want to learn something and would like to give your time and enthusiasm, or if you have a specific skill you’d like to share – we’d love to hear from you!
Email email@example.com or drop by and say hello.
FOOD RESCUE AND PEOPLE’S KITCHEN VOLUNTEERS:
Food Rescue Kitchen volunteers
Could you help us on Mondays cooking with surplus food at our People’s Kitchen? Cooking or serving from 10am-2.30pm (it’s a great opportunity to learn about vegan cooking and catering too).
To help you see how you might get involved, a rough order of the day is as follows:
- Collect and receive donated surplus food.
- Create menu, prepare, and cook food.
- Set up the cafe for lunch.
- Set up surplus food stall and organise remaining surplus for redistribution elsewhere.
- Clean up and pack down.
New volunteers always welcome – for cooking and bike pick up of donated food and delivery of cooked food to nearby homeless shelters.
Could you be a Kitchen Facilitator?
If you would feel comfortable as a kitchen facilitator, sharing your skills and knowledge with others and helping to make an organised menu using the surplus we receive please get in touch.
Do you have good organisational skills?
Could you help sort incoming and outgoing surplus food?
Food Rescue cyclists – We are currently working in the Walthamstow and Chingford (Friday Hill) areas and need cyclist volunteers available to deliver early morning and evening collections of food, toys and books.
Can you be a Hornbeam Composting Activist?
Be part of the change and get involved with the composting action! Do you need waste food to compost for your garden or allotment? Or can you be an activist that delivers food waste to be composted by others? Do you have a bin that can take some food waste?We need activists that can collect waste food from the Hornbeam and takes it where it’s needed. Soil is being stripped of its nutrients – we’re putting them back!
All our community events value support from volunteers helping out.
- Apple day, Vestry House museum, 12 Oct and at Hornbeam Learning Lodge, PimpHall Nature reserve. Sat 20 October. These are wonderful annual cultural events and lots of fun! Can you volunteer on food, activities or set up/close down?
- Venue and Event Marketing volunteer for the Hornbeam and/or Learning Lodge.
- Hornbeam Nights volunteers (film nights, music nights, supper clubs etc).
Are you handy or creative?
We’re open to ideas for creative workshops at The Hornbeam on Mondays 11.30-12.30. We need handy people to restore our Little Library and build more, to do painting spruce-ups around the Hornbeam, to make cushions for the cafe, and much more.
HORNBEAM LEARNING LODGE VOLUNTEERS
We’re looking for friendly volunteers at our Hornbeam Learning Lodge in Chingford E4 to help us out on our growing number of exciting projects at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge and Friday Hill.
- Do you have skills in arts & crafts, admin, publicity that you could share with people who come to events at the Learning Lodge? We’d love to hear from you.
- Caretaker for the Learning Lodge at Pimp Hall Nature Reserve – Can you help us to care for and help others to get access to this amazing venue? Please let us know if you are interested in volunteer for this position. Must live near the Learning Lodge. 10-11.30am
Make your dream come true?
Would you like to run a club at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge? Would you like to be the leader of some of our sessions? Have you got an idea that could developed into a community project? We’d love to hear from you and help make it happen.
- website updating (need basic knowledge of WordPress)
- social media sharers for E17/E10/E11/E4 (Facebook, Twitter)
- Mailchimp enews editors
- Press liaison
- Photography digital archivist
- Local listings uploader (upload info of our events to local papers and online listings)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or call/text 07492 915531.
|Get involved with regular E17 happenings including Community Mondays||Or head to the Learning Lodge E4|
|You can also organise a Film Night (or help out at one)||… or arrange an evening Pop-Up or Workshop!|
Browse past opportunities:
People’s Kitchen – every MondayEvery Monday the normal Hornbeam Cafe is closed, but we transform it…
Tues-Wed Pay-What-You-Feel Community CafeEvery Tuesday and Wednesday we are running a warm and friendly Pay-What-You-Feel…
Free cycling-related training in MarchThe following training is available free of charge for those who want…
Hornbeam JoyRiders become media darlingsHornbeam JoyRiders basked in the media spotlight today, being featured on BBC…
Venue Hire and Events Coordination VolunteerDo you love making things happen? We’re looking for a volunteer to…
Cafe Volunteers neededThe Hornbeam’s life blood is its amazing volunteers. We are looking for…
You can also get involved with other activities we are linked to:
- Veg Box Packer (E4)
- Cycle and Van Delivery Volunteer
- Stall Volunteer (Hornbeam E17 or Leytonstone)
- Horticultural Assistant (E4)
- and many more… (see website)
at Forest Recycling Project (FRP)
The Hornbeam is a signatory to the
‘keep volunteering voluntary‘ agreement