As a community hub running on a very limited budget we couldn’t survive without volunteers.
Whether you want to learn something and would like to give your time and enthusiasm, or if you have a specific skill you’d like to share – we’d love to hear from you!
To let us know how you want to volunteer, complete this form. If you are referring someone you work with, please contact Anne by email and we’ll be in touch: email@example.com or drop by and say hello.
CYCLING VOLUNTEERS – FREE TRAINING
The following training is available free of charge for those who wants to be a member of the Hornbeam volunteering team.
1. First Aid Training adapted for cyclists: 20/3, 17/4, 16/5 (9.30-16.30)
2. Ride Leader training: 29/3, 27/4 (9.30-17.00)
3. Basic Bike Maintenance: 23/3, 2/5 (9.30-17.00)
4. Further Bike Maintenance: 5/4 (9.30-17.00)
5. Marketing and communications: 22/3, 15/4 (9.30-16.00)
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Volunteer’ in the subject line.
FOOD RESCUE AND PEOPLE’S KITCHEN VOLUNTEERS:
- Could you help us on Mondays cooking with surplus food at our People’s Kitchen? We always have space in our kitchen cooking and serving from 10am-2.30pm (it’s a great opportunity to learn about vegan cooking and catering too).
- Could you help with collection, sorting and redistribution of surplus food from local shops to the Hornbeam, St Mungo’s and Friday Hill Estate in Chingford E4 and other local organisations?
- Food Rescue cyclists – We are currently working in the Walthamstow and Chingford (Friday Hill) areas and need cyclist volunteers available to deliver early morning and evening collections of food, toys and books.
- Venue and Event Marketing volunteer for the Hornbeam and/or Learning Lodge.
- Thursday 2nd & Friday 3rd 6-9pm at Hornbeam – Food prep at The Hornbeam for our Food Rescue stall at Chingford May Day Fayre.
- Sat 4 May Chingford Green, 4-7 pm. The Chingford Mayday Fayre – stall helpers.
- Event volunteers – all our community events value support from volunteers helping out
- Hornbeam Nights volunteers (film nights, music nights, supper clubs etc).
Are you handy or creative?
We’re open to ideas for creative workshops at The Hornbeam on Mondays 11.30-12.30. We need handy people to restore our Little Library and build more, to do painting spruce-ups around the Hornbeam, to make cushions for the cafe, and much more.
HORNBEAM LEARNING LODGE VOLUNTEERS
We’re looking for friendly volunteers at our Hornbeam Learning Lodge in Chingford E4 to help us out on our growing number of exciting projects at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge and Friday Hill.
- Do you have skills in arts & crafts, admin, publicity that you could share with people who come to events at the Learning Lodge? We’d love to hear from you.
- Caretaker for the Learning Lodge at Pimp Hall Nature Reserve – Can you help us to care for and help others to get access to this amazing venue? Please let us know if you are interested in volunteer for this position. Must live near the Learning Lodge. 10-11.30am
Make your dream come true?
Would you like to run a club at the Hornbeam Learning Lodge? Would you like to be the leader of some of our sessions? Have you got an idea that could developed into a community project? We’d love to hear from you and help make it happen.
- website updating (need basic knowledge of WordPress)
- social media sharers for E17/E10/E11/E4 (Facebook, Twitter)
- Mailchimp enews editors
- Press liaison
- Photography digital archivist
- Local listings uploader (upload info of our events to local papers and online listings)
|Get involved with regular E17 happenings including Community Mondays||Or head to the Learning Lodge E4|
|You can also organise a Film Night (or help out at one)||… or arrange an evening Pop-Up or Workshop!|
Browse past opportunities:
Free cycling-related training in MarchThe following training is available free of charge for those who want…
Hornbeam JoyRiders become media darlingsHornbeam JoyRiders basked in the media spotlight today, being featured on BBC…
Venue Hire and Events Coordination VolunteerDo you love making things happen? We’re looking for a volunteer to…
Cafe Volunteers neededThe Hornbeam’s life blood is its amazing volunteers. We are looking for…
Join Hornbeam’s JoyRiders cycling for fun and relaxationHornbeam JoyRiders supports people to overcome barriers preventing them from cycling, especially…
Please support our Social Adventure!We have launched a Spacehive crowdfunding campaign for the Hornbeam Centre…
You can also get involved with other activities we are linked to:
- Veg Box Packer (E4)
- Cycle and Van Delivery Volunteer
- Stall Volunteer (Hornbeam E17 or Leytonstone)
- Horticultural Assistant (E4)
- and many more… (see website)
at Forest Recycling Project (FRP)
The Hornbeam is a signatory to the
‘keep volunteering voluntary‘ agreement