As a community hub running on a very limited budget we couldn’t survive without volunteers.
Whether you want to learn something and would like to give your time and enthusiasm, or if you have a specific skill you’d like to share – we’d love to hear from you!
To let us know how you want to volunteer, complete this form. If you are referring someone you work with, please contact Anne by email and we’ll be in touch: email@example.com or drop by and say hello.
Just a few of the volunteer positions needed now:
- URGENT: Cafe front of house helpers for morning or afternoon shifts on Tues, Wed or Thurs.
- Community Mondays volunteers
Can you help cook food for the community on a Monday for People’s Kitchen between 10.30 and 3pm? Take part in reducing food waste and upskill yourselves and others in the Hornbeam Kitchen every Monday.
- Food Coordinators – help with collection and redistribution of edible food ‘waste’ from local shops to the Hornbeam, St Mungo’s and Friday Hill Estate in Chingford.
- Hornbeam Nights volunteers (film nights, music nights, supper clubs etc).
- Admin support – email checking and data entry
- Learning Lodge volunteers in Chingford (arts & crafts, admin, publicity).
- Caretaker for the Learning Lodge at Pimp Hall Nature Reserve – Can you help us to care for and help others to get access to this amazing venue? Please let us know if you are interested in volunteer for this position. Must live near the Learning Lodge. 10-11.30am. Could you help?
- Apple Day volunteers for Walthamstow (Sun 15 Oct) and Chingford (Sun 21 Oct) – we need volunteers to bake, help on Hornbeam stalls, and help set up and pack down on the day. Or in the run-up during Sept could you help distribute leaflets or help with social media?
- website updating (need basic knowledge of WordPress)
- social media sharers for E17/E10/E11/E4 (Facebook, Twitter)
- Mailchimp enews editor
- Press liaison
- Photography digital archivist
- Local listings uploader (upload info of our events to local papers and online listings)
|Get involved with regular E17 happenings including Community Mondays||Or head to the Learning Lodge E4|
|You can also organise a Film Night (or help out at one)||… or arrange an evening Pop-Up or Workshop!|
Browse past opportunities:
Cafe Volunteers neededThe Hornbeam’s life blood is its amazing volunteers. We are looking for…
Join Hornbeam’s JoyRiders cycling for fun and relaxationHornbeam JoyRiders supports people to overcome barriers preventing them from cycling, especially…
Please support our Social Adventure!We have launched a Spacehive crowdfunding campaign for the Hornbeam Centre…
Apple Day at Vestry House Museum – 14 Oct 2017Apple Day is one of Walthamstow’s regular highlights of the year so…
Love the Hornbeam? Volunteer to keep it ticking.We have so much going on that the support of volunteers is…
August: No Community Mondays, Plenty Going On!Community Mondays will not be running during August so that our fantastic…
You can also get involved with other activities we are linked to:
- Veg Box Packer (E4)
- Cycle and Van Delivery Volunteer
- Stall Volunteer (Hornbeam E17 or Leytonstone)
- Horticultural Assistant (E4)
- and many more… (see website)
at Forest Recycling Project (FRP)
“We are looking for Environmental Volunteers from local communities connected to Waltham Forest, London, especially those who are at risk of marginalisation and social exclusion. Main tasks could include learning and assisting with recycling through our Green Office project; being part of a team and gaining experience in retail and customer service through The Paint Place; or getting outdoors and making an impact in the community through conservation work or food growing. You will be supported by our project team, who will have regular chats with you and help answer any questions.” More
If you have an opportunity you’d like to share – please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hornbeam is a signatory to the
‘keep volunteering voluntary‘ agreement