As a community hub running on a very limited budget we couldn’t survive without volunteers.
Whether you want to learn something and would like to give your time and enthusiasm, or if you have a specific skill you’d like to share – we’d love to hear from you!
Just a few of the volunteer positions needed now:
- Food for London food rescuer volunteers (anti-food waste)
- Community Monday hosts including People’s Kitchen
- Hornbeam Nights volunteers (film nights, music nights, supper clubs etc).
- Cafe work experience
- Admin support – email checking and data entry
- Learning Lodge volunteers in Chingford (arts & crafts, admin, publicity).
- Fundraising expertise
Contact Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the Communications positions below.
- website updating (need basic knowledge of WordPress)
- social media sharers for E17/E10/E11/E4 (Facebook, Twitter)
- Mailchimp enews editor
- Press liaison
- Photography digital archivist
- Local listings uploader (upload info of our events to local papers and online listings)
|Get involved with regular E17 happenings including Community Mondays||Or head to the Learning Lodge E4|
|You can also organise a Film Night (or help out at one)||… or arrange an evening Pop-Up or Workshop!|
Browse past opportunities:
Join Hornbeam’s JoyRiders cycling for fun and relaxationHornbeam JoyRiders supports people to overcome barriers preventing them from cycling, especially…
Please support our Social Adventure!We have launched a Spacehive crowdfunding campaign for the Hornbeam Centre…
Apple Day at Vestry House Museum – 14 Oct 2017Apple Day is one of Walthamstow’s regular highlights of the year so…
Love the Hornbeam? Volunteer to keep it ticking.We have so much going on that the support of volunteers is…
August: No Community Mondays, Plenty Going On!Community Mondays will not be running during August so that our fantastic…
Waltham Forest Green Open Homes – call for homesHave you done something with your home or workplace that makes it…
email email@example.com to let us know you’re coming, or complete the volunteering form.
You can also get involved with other activities we are linked to:
- Veg Box Packer (E4)
- Cycle and Van Delivery Volunteer
- Stall Volunteer (Hornbeam E17 or Leytonstone)
- Horticultural Assistant (E4)
- and many more… (see website)
at Forest Recycling Project (FRP)
“We are looking for Environmental Volunteers from local communities connected to Waltham Forest, London, especially those who are at risk of marginalisation and social exclusion. Main tasks could include learning and assisting with recycling through our Green Office project; being part of a team and gaining experience in retail and customer service through The Paint Place; or getting outdoors and making an impact in the community through conservation work or food growing. You will be supported by our project team, who will have regular chats with you and help answer any questions.” More
If you have an opportunity you’d like to share – please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hornbeam is a signatory to the
‘keep volunteering voluntary‘ agreement