In its fourth year, Organiclea’s Buddy Scheme trains volunteers to support others to participate in volunteering at Hawkwood Community Plant Nursery.
Organiclea is growing people as well as plants and we are able to welcome a diversity of volunteers because of the support given by volunteer buddies. We support volunteers with learning and physical difficulties, language barriers and ill mental health. We value our diverse community, and recognise that working here can bring enormous benefits.
Through the training session and practical experience, the Buddy Scheme will explore:
- ways to create an inclusive atmosphere
- how to make practical activities accessible
- boundaries and safeguarding
- permaculture and people care
- how working in nature and in community can bring therapeutic benefits.
This year, we will run the scheme 3 times, each lasting 12 weeks on the following dates;
- Week Commencing 25th April – w/c 13th July (Training on Weds 20th Apr)
- Week commencing 27th June – w/c 12th Sept (Training on Weds 22nd June)
- Week commencing 29th Aug – w/c 14th Nov (Training on Weds 24th Aug)