- Find us: 458 Hoe St, Walthamstow, E17 9AH (map)
- Call us: 020 8558 6880
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us:…...
Named after the locally renowned hornbeam tree, the Hornbeam Centre aims to:
- engage with residents of Waltham Forest, enabling and empowering them to live more sustainable lifestyles.
- develop local projects focusing on healthy, affordable, sustainable food, waste reduction and conserving resources.
- provide an affordable space for local groups to meet, where people can to learn about local events/meetings/groups and find out how they can get involved.
We do our best to operate ethically. Our cafe food is vegetarian and we use local, organic and fairly traded ingredients as much as we can. We have a zero waste policy, and are working towards reducing our energy and water footprint.
The Hornbeam is organised and run by its users, and is a not-for-profit limited company. Click here for our vision, mission & values.
Hornbeam Centre and Cafe Privacy Notice
The Hornbeam Centre and Cafe (including the Hornbeam Learning Lodge and all our associated projects) is committed to safeguarding your privacy while providing the highest possible quality of service. We take care to ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
Full Privacy Notice
Getting to The Hornbeam
The Hornbeam is located near the junction with Lea Bridge Road. It is a former shop on the corner of Hoe Street and Bakers Avenue, a short residential cul-de-sac. This is one block up from (north of) Lea Bridge Road and the former Bakers Arms pub (now a betting shop). [Click here to see a map] There are many buses running along Hoe St such as nos 20, 48, 69, 97, 230, 257, 357, W15 & W19. Nearest bus stops are opposite Hornbeam and just along Hoe Street. Buses 55 & 56 run along Lea Bridge Road.
Of course there are cycle stands just outside Hornbeam for those coming by bike!
Nearest train stations – Walthamstow Central (Victoria line), 10-15 minutes walk away and on the bus routes; also Walthamstow Queens Road and Leyton Midland Road stations (Barking to Gospel Oak line) – we are approximately midway between these two.
The Hornbeam Cafe & ground floor meeting room is wheelchair accessible.