Hornbeam’s volunteering vision is to become recognised as the best in London for eco-volunteering offering a range of well supported opportunities that make a real difference.
Your benefits of becoming a volunteer:
In return for your time, commitment and enthusiasm – you can:
- Meet new people and be part of a team
- Learn new skills and gain experience
- Make a difference in the community
- Improve your physical and mental health
- Attend volunteer events and training
What we offer:
- Taster volunteer sessions
- Lunch or travel expenses
- Induction and training
- Additional support for people with mental health problems or learning difficulties.
Organisations that Hornbeam places individuals with include Forest Recycling Project, OrganicLea, The Conservation Volunteers (TCV), The HEET Project, Restore, Common Sense Growers, Enfield Reuse Centre, Bikeworks, Community Orchard, Bright Sparks, Wild Place Your Space, and London Community Resource Network (LCRN).
Volunteer roles within the Hornbeam Centre include:
- Food preparation & cooking
- Café support
- Office-based roles such as administrative support, promotion/publicity, IT support, building maintenance, volunteer support.
Volunteer roles at our partner organisations include:
- Recycling & reuse
- Testing & repairing goods
- Warehouse management
- many more…
- Have a look at our current volunteer opportunities.
- Contact Ingrid on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Come in for an informal interview.
Hornbeam’s volunteering programme is supported by a number of organisations including Ecominds & London Borough of Waltham Forest.