By using the Hornbeam café, market stall and box scheme you will be reducing the carbon footprint of the food you eat, supporting local food growers and helping to challenge the power of the supermarkets. To find out what’s happening at Hornbeam go to upcoming events.
Hornbeam is now running an environmental volunteering service – click here for more details.
We also rely on volunteers to help with the cafe and office support, so we are always keen to welcome new people with energy, enthusiasm and ideas.
- Cafe: Please contact Catherine (she is often serving behind the counter) about volunteering in the cafe, or Marlene for volunteering in the kitchen. Email is the best way to get hold of us cafe[at]hornbeam.org.uk,; otherwise, pop into the cafe during opening hours – Catherine is often behind the counter.
- Office support: We need help with routine office administration, email & web based support for promoting events, maintaining the building. Please contact Iona (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul (email@example.com).
Hornbeam provides low-cost room hire for activities or groups that share our aims and ethos. If you want catering for this meeting we can organise that too.
Organise an event
If you want to organise an event to raise awareness or do something about a specific environmental or social issue the Centre is available for hire and we will try to assist you in any way we can. Contact Paul on020 8558 6880 or come into the cafe and chat to us.
Start your own initiative
Hornbeam wants to support the growth of new projects and initiatives. If you have an idea that you want to turn into a reality we may be able to help you to do this. The sort of help we can provide includes:
- Talking through project ideas and sorting out first steps
- Signposting for further assistance
- Fundraising advice
- Providing a legal entity through which to take the project forward
To find out more contact Tom on 020 8520 1900 or Brian on 8539 3856