There are lots of ways to reduce your impact and live a simpler, less wasteful, but more vibrant life!
We’ve listed a few of the local organisations and projects below which can help, but please do let us know of more and we’ll add them to the page. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas, additions and updates.
Check out the more in depth links too from this page – Buy Local Food, Energy, Transport and Waste.
- Buy locally produced fruit and vegetables at reasonable prices – Organiclea – market stall outside Hornbeam every Saturday, and Matalan in Leytonstone, they also deliver to drop off points around the borough. (See also: Buy Local Food)
- Reduce your energy bills (See also: Energy) – HEET
- Improve your knitting and sewing skills – Significant Seams
- Learn woodworking and metal working skills or rent space and tools – Blackhorse Workshop
- Meet People
Hornbeam Centre and Cafe
Contact the Elderly
- Buy cheap paint and furniture – Forest Recycling Project See also Waste
- Get budgeting and financial help – Waltham Forest Community Credit Union
- Get a free ride – Dial-a-ride
- Find your local foodbank – Eat or Heat
- Learn about foraging and the use of herbs to stay healthy – Hedge Herbs
- Grow your own (See also: Biodiversity)
Transition Leyton Community Garden
Priory Court Gardening Club
Waltham Forest Allotments
- Buy bargains
CREST, 2A Truro Rd London E17 7BY 020 8521 2975Salvation Army, 434 Forest Road, E17 4PY020 8521 4980Islamic Relief, 156 Hoe St, London E17 4QH 020 8521 3737
- Join local exchange networks – Waltham Forest LETS
- Get a recycled bike (See also: Transport)