Welcome to the Hornbeam: a community organisation working with a range of partners in Waltham Forest and beyond.
- SPACE for communities to meet in E17 and E4
- TIME and support to develop community initiatives
- SKILLS and knowledge about low cost, low impact living.
We are now open a selection of Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday evenings for Hornbeam Nights events – including Spin-a-Disc evenings, Soulfulised music nights, Music Quizzes, Clothes Swap, Coffee & Cocktail nights, and much more.
- How to donate to help others through the Hornbeam November 30, 2016 Community drop-off point: The Hornbeam Cafe is a drop off point for tins and packs of food for both Eat or Heat and Calais refugee camp. Check the RCK Facebook group to keep up to date with what’s needed in the Calais camps. Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogleEmailMorePrint
- People’s Kitchen – first Monday of every month November 30, 2016 Mon 5 Dec, People’s Kitchen, 10am-2pm. The first Community Monday of every month is People’s Kitchen – delicious lunch made from food that would have been wasted. Food is served 1pm. Everyone welcome so come and share your lunch with others who live and work locally. Do tell your neighbour or colleagues. Waltham Forest Food Rescue are ...
- Low Cost Parenting – 10p burger workshops November 26, 2016 Sun 27 Nov, 2-4pm, Learning Lodge Mon 28 Nov, 10am-12pm, Hornbeam Centre Learn how to make tasty, healthy family food on a budget on Sunday in the beautiful location of Pimp Hall Nature Reserve or on Monday at the Hornbeam Centre and Cafe. We’ll be making Jack Munroe’s delicious 10p beanburgers. Kids can eat the fruits of your labour! Free, ...
- Community Mondays in December October 26, 2016 Community Mondays Weekly drop-in opportunity to help out or skill-up at the Hornbeam. Volunteers help maintain the space together, pick up some skills and have a free lunch too. Every Monday, 11am -2pm. Jamming happens every week with Organiclea upstairs at the Hornbeam, but check website for extra Community Monday activities. Mon 5 Dec, People’s Kitchen, 10am-2pm. ...