Welcome to the Hornbeam: a community organisation working with a range of partners in Waltham Forest and beyond.
- SPACE for communities to meet in E17 and E4
- TIME and support to develop community initiatives
- SKILLS and knowledge about low cost, low impact living.
We are now open a selection of Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday evenings for Hornbeam Nights events – including Spin-a-Disc evenings, Soulfulised music nights, Music Quizzes, Clothes Swap, Coffee & Cocktail nights, and much more.
- Community Mondays in November October 26, 2016 Community Mondays Weekly drop-in opportunity to help out or skill-up at the Hornbeam. Volunteers help maintain the space together, pick up some skills and have a free lunch too. Every Monday, 11am -2pm. Jamming happens every week with Organiclea upstairs at the Hornbeam, but check website for extra Community Monday activities. Mon 7 Nov, 10am-2pm – People’s ...
- Food Rescuers Wanted October 26, 2016 Could you be a Food Rescuer? We’re recruiting volunteers who are passionate about food waste and would be good at chatting to shopkeepers in the borough. We’ll give you training and you’ll be part of our exciting Best Before Project tackling food waste! Contact Poppy for more info. Share this:TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogleEmailMorePrint
- November Film Night October 26, 2016 Thurs 24 Nov – Food Glorious Food! Food-themed Film night Come and watch a range of food-themed films we’ve put together which will give you some insight into where our food comes from or what’s wrong (or right) with it! We’ll also provide some scrumptious food made from food that would be wasted donated by local shops. All ...
- Be part of our Refugee Supper Club October 26, 2016 Sat 19 November Hornbeam’s Supper Club returns and this time with a great focus – how we can support refugees in the borough. If you’re a friendly chef, a storyteller, an ESOL teacher or someone who’s passionate about refugee issues, we’d love you to come, eat and share ideas! Tickets are £15 to cover costs – book here. Keep updated ...